What can I mix with Rainbows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeverumGuy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55g tank that's currently stocked with 4 cory cats, 1 Raphael cat, 1 electric blue ram, and 4 Australian Rainbows. I'm interested in getting a couple more different types of Rainbows, but I'm also wondering what other tankmates I could have with the fish in my tank. There other plenty of tetras that I like, but what are some other options?

Praecox rainbows are a favorite of mine. Get a few more cories to round out the school. 6+ is always good. Hatchetfish, any tetra bigger than a neon (raphaels may eat neons), maybe a bamboo shrimp.

I have a very colorful tank with rainbows, neon blue rams, and dwarf gouramis. I had to search a long time, though, to find dwarf gouramis without iridovirus.

It sounds like a gorgeous group of fish you have.

I'm not a big fan of the neons and real small tetras like those. I'm wanting to get a few Boesemanis and one or two more types. I'm planning to get two more cories that match mine if the fish store I go to still has them. They actually had only two left haha.

I would get 2 more cories and australian rainbows... because IMO 6 is a super minimum amount for a schooling fish. 12 is much better, but if you're set on having more species...

I'd check out bosemanis and praecox rainbows.

Back
Top Bottom