What can i put in my 80L Tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kittycreer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys :) im fairly new to fish keeping and hoping for abit of advice i have a fully cycled tank with 4 male guppies a one 1inch Plec :)
What else could i have in there?? i was thinking of having a 'centre peice' if you know what i mean lol. I have been looking at maybe a dwarf Gourami! but would they be ok? would i need a pair? what else could i have in my tank?
any help would be great i just want a nice community tank many thanks :thanks:

Attachments

• 20160203_221742339_iOS.jpg
    20160203_221742339_iOS.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 20160218_201848000_iOS.jpg
    20160218_201848000_iOS.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 252
  • 20160218_195732000_iOS.jpg
    20160218_195732000_iOS.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 293
  • 20160208_121046565_iOS.jpg
    20160208_121046565_iOS.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 86
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Ignoring stocking limits, etc and just thinking on fish - how about harlequin rasbora's?

Otherwise a single dwarf gourami sounds nice.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Ignoring stocking limits, etc and just thinking on fish - how about harlequin rasbora's?

Otherwise a single dwarf gourami sounds nice.

Would it be okay on its own? That's all I'm concerned about I don't want it to get lonely haha will have a look at some harlequins

I like a dwarf male gourami and a few tetras. Black neons are nice

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just a heads up, that pleco will get gigantic and should in more like a 125g (an 80 liter tank is only about 21 gallons) aquarium in order to live out its full lifespan and reach its full size. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Many stores are notorious for selling common plecos for any tank, and not being forthcoming about their growth potential. :(
A single dwarf gourami will not get lonely. They are territorial fish, not schooling fish. Another fish to look at as a different option for a centerpiece is a honey gourami. It is similar to the dwarf gourami, but a little smaller and I find them to be more hardy.

I do have a honey gourami. Doing great at protects his area. Beautiful fish. I had a "cute little" Pleco in my 29 gal. Grew to about 8 inches and died young. Sad

Last edited:
Just a heads up, that pleco will get gigantic and should in more like a 125g (an 80 liter tank is only about 21 gallons) aquarium in order to live out its full lifespan and reach its full size. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Many stores are notorious for selling common plecos for any tank, and not being forthcoming about their growth potential. :(
A single dwarf gourami will not get lonely. They are territorial fish, not schooling fish. Another fish to look at as a different option for a centerpiece is a honey gourami. It is similar to the dwarf gourami, but a little smaller and I find them to be more hardy.

What do you think of a bristlenose pleco? I believe they only get to be about 6 inches or so. I agree that the common pleco doesn't really belong in a home aquarium unless you have an extremely large tank and powerful filter that can accommodate a 20 - 24 inch catfish species.

What do you think of a bristlenose pleco? I believe they only get to be about 6 inches or so. I agree that the common pleco doesn't really belong in a home aquarium unless you have an extremely large tank and powerful filter that can accommodate a 20 - 24 inch catfish species.

Yes, a bnp should be just fine. The rubberlip pleco is another good, little one. The clown pleco as well, though, they tend to hide a lot and need more driftwood in their doet than the other plecos do. Any plecos really benefits from driftwood though. Otocinclus are an option for a well established small tank, though they can be a bit finicky and some people have a very tough time with them. If you ever run into them, pitbull plecos are small like otos and are wonderful little fish. Unfortunately, they are not very commonly available.

My pleco is a bristle nose not a common pleco this picture was taken wen I first got it. The bristles are starting to show now. My father in law has a 7ft tank with 2 1ft common plecs in

My pleco is a bristle nose not a common pleco this picture was taken wen I first got it. The bristles are starting to show now. My father in law has a 7ft tank with 2 1ft common plecs in

Fabulous. Apologies for missing the ID, I was looking on a small screen and the babies can look similar. :flowers:

Just a heads up, even with 20ish gallons BN still make a LOT of poop, I have mine in a 30 and it's still a lot, just keep that in mind with stocking lol

Back
Top Bottom