What can ya'll tell me about...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishalicious

Aquarium Advice Freak
SeaChem Purigen; the media.

If anyone has used it can you refer it?
I want to use it to polish my water.

Do you know if it can be used in an Emperor 400 HOB
or an Aqua Clear 500 HOB?

My water is VERY clean but I'm I guess you can say mild OCD. I want everything PERFECT! I want the fish to look like they're floating all the time :twisted:

I've never really understood if you can use different types of media in different types of filter.

Please respond and TIA
-Dan

I don't use it personally, but my fish guy swears by it because it's rechargeable and he says his fish float you can indeed use it on those hobs

i think there was a thread about this somewhere. the main thread wasnt mainly about purigen but somehow it got there. the person or whatever said you can use bleachwater to ercharge it. i was thinking about using it but i dont think we have it around here

Yeah I was involved with that thread and thats how I heard about it.
Did some research online and couldn't find too much on it other than it gives you crystal clear water, but that was from the manufacturer so I would like a consumers prospective on the product.
Ya know, some pros/cons.

So anyone else?

TIA
-Dan

I, and everyone else I know that has used it considers it to be worth its weight in gold. I would not use it regularly, but one could, I suppose....and it does just fine in HOB powerfilters.

Toirtis said:
I, and everyone else I know that has used it considers it to be worth its weight in gold. I would not use it regularly, but one could, I suppose....and it does just fine in HOB powerfilters.

Well I guess you can bleach it and it will return to it's regular state again making it quite worth it to me.
Thanks for the info!

Anyone else?
:twisted:

The best way I have found to polish my water, crystal clear (& cheapest too!), is 1" of filter floss in all my filters.

Pufferpunk said:
The best way I have found to polish my water, crystal clear (& cheapest too!), is 1" of filter floss in all my filters.

Filter floss? Can someone explain.
I've heard of it but not sure what it does

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom