What conditioner do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lomeli562

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive been using top fin for a while now but i was wondering if there is a better brand or something that works better? Any suggestions please let me know also tell me the dosage amounts im on a tight budget and i need it to last a good while. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my HTC One X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Prime bar none is the best. One of the little bottles at petsmart for 6.99 treats 1000 gallons. It detoxifies ammo, nitrite, and nitrate for 24hours. I don't know any other that can do that for the price.

As well as chlorine.

all I've ever used it prime and have never had a problem.

I have used Topfin, API and just about any brand I can get a hold of. However lately I have been using Prime only because it seems to be highly recommended by most here and even by some discus breeders so I will continue with it.
None of the above has given me any problems.

Sodium thiosulfate crystals. It's by far the cheapest, cheaper than prime or any other water conditioner. Tens of thousands of gallons can be treated for just a few dollars.

It doesn't temporarily detoxify nitrogenous waste like Prime and Amquel+ do, but an established system + water changes and most people don't have a problem with that anyway.

I could be wrong but isn't that the active ingredient used in most de-chlorinators?

I used up a little bottle of aqueon water conditioner that came with my tank but now I'm using straight prime

So what im getting from here is prime is a no no lol and prime is like any other water conditioner right? Just plop it in during wc and your set?

Waterlifes haloex i use now. But ive used others, found that they all did the same thing really. Find a brand you like and stick with it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So what im getting from here is prime is a no no lol and prime is like any other water conditioner right? Just plop it in during wc and your set?

Not sure I get a no no from here about Prime, seems to be top rated but if a de-chlorinator is all you need, I think just about any brand you find will do the job.

I had been using top fin but if i can treat more with prime i rather get prime i just wanted to get a few alternatives isall

I tried 4 brands that would not even begin to detox my city tap, prime was it..

Back
Top Bottom