What could be making my ph high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I think ive found thr problem! I saw some white stuff forming on the glass and I thought id try to wipe it of with a sponge. The sponge seemed fine to me - it had no cleaning products on it just a regular household sponge from coles. I have just read on the back of the packet it says "do not use for aquarium cleaning" I think this is what is causing me problems as I tested the gravel, decor in water and ph reading is 7.2. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? Do I do 100% water change and wipe my glass? If so what do I wipe the glass with?

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Empty, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse EVERYTHING. It's an "antimicrobial" sponge, right? Unfortunately, you may have contaminated the water with unknown chemicals/surfactants and I'd err on the side of overkill and wash it all with lots of water.

Oh, and get an aquarium sponge so you can clean the algae when it grows and not be tempted to grab a sponge from the kitchen.

I have found using rain water to be very successful with the added bonus of mosquito larvae for your fish

Most people rinse a new tank before they fill it. Its most likely to have collected dust while its been sat on the shelf. I would probably use a soft cloth to wipe it down whilst rinsing it with warm water, have done many of times.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you

Empty, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse EVERYTHING. It's an "antimicrobial" sponge, right? Unfortunately, you may have contaminated the water with unknown chemicals/surfactants and I'd err on the side of overkill and wash it all with lots of water.

Oh, and get an aquarium sponge so you can clean the algae when it grows and not be tempted to grab a sponge from the kitchen.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom