What Could I Stock in a 90g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm thinking about turning the soon to be mine ninety gallon tank I'm getting into a planted freshwater community. What could I stock? Also, what's necessary in terms of equipment and what filters, heaters, lights, etc do you recommend? ( that don't break the bank)
I'll definitely have guppies in it if I decode to use it as a dt or if I use it as a fishroom tank and il have 3 males and 6 females if it's a dt
What else can I stock? Please make suggestions. I don't dislike any fish really besides oscars, jds, etc but they are definelty not community fish!

Possible stock list( please critique)-
6- tiger barb
2- dwarf gourami
2- gbr
3- guppy pairs
6- peppered Cory
6- sterbai Cory
2- blue Mickey mouse platy
20- rummynose tetra
6- zebra danio
10- harlequin rasbora
5- boesami rainbow
1- gold nugget pleco
20- RCS
3- zebra nerite snail
Is this a good stock list?

No one? Please at the very least give me some sort of advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
emerald76 said:
Possible stock list( please critique)-
6- tiger barb
2- dwarf gourami
2- gbr
3- guppy pairs
6- peppered Cory
6- sterbai Cory
2- blue Mickey mouse platy
20- rummynose tetra
6- zebra danio
10- harlequin rasbora
5- boesami rainbow
1- gold nugget pleco
20- RCS
3- zebra nerite snail
Is this a good stock list?

Why 2 kinds of cories? Why not lots of one kind?
I haven't kept most of these... I hear gbr can be hard to keep.

I am having a hard time thinking in terms of 90 gallons... Sorry! Wish could be more help.

I merged your posts, try to be a little more patient for responses please.

It sounds like a pretty good stock list, I don't know how some of those fish will interact with one another, as I've heard that t barbs can be nippy, but otherwise it looks fine. I don't know how well RCS would do in a tank with that many mouths in it.

As far as lights filters and heaters go, you can either go with the cheap ebay stuff or pay a little more for the regular shelf brands.

jetajockey said:
I merged your posts, try to be a little more patient for responses please.

It sounds like a pretty good stock list, I don't know how some of those fish will interact with one another, as I've heard that t barbs can be nippy, but otherwise it looks fine. I don't know how well RCS would do in a tank with that many mouths in it.

As far as lights filters and heaters go, you can either go with the cheap ebay stuff or pay a little more for the regular shelf brands.

I'll remove the barbs then
The RCS would have a TON of plants to hide in- It'll have very dense plants also
The RCS would go in first with the fish going in once I got a large number of RCS and the plants were dense enough
There would be 5 or so section like areas with one big piece of driftwood or one heavily planted half with open space on the other half

the shrimp will get eaten. try a rainbow shark.they are awesome

I don't have my heart set on the boseamis so their off the list
No barbs, no rainbows then

alLexX said:
the shrimp will get eaten. try a rainbow shark.they are awesome

I'd rather not do a shark
I've heard they can be very aggresive

I'd rather not do a shark
I've heard they can be very aggresive
some might be,but mines a total wuss. he gets bullied by an otto. an actual OTTO. not a CAE,hes a decent age but less than 2 inches long. i know some sharks end up aggressive,but some arent. i can see you not wanting to risk it,though

So how about this as a stock list-
1- GBR pair
6- cherry barb
10- peppered cory, 5M-5F
6- zebra danio
2- dwarf gourami
3- guppy pairs
6- black khuli loach
1- gold dust Molly pair
1- gold nugget pleco L-18
10- harlequin rasbora
6- otocinlus
1- Hi fin swordtail blood red
20- rummynose tetra
10- cardinal tetra
10- penguin tetra
10- serpae tetra
10- Von rio flame tetra
2- mosquito fish pairs
2- creamsicle lyretail Molly
2- platinum lyretail Molly
1- Striped Raphael cat
6- zebra nerite snail

So how about this as a stock list-
1- GBR pair
6- cherry barb
10- peppered cory, 5M-5F
6- zebra danio
2- dwarf gourami
3- guppy pairs
6- black khuli loach
1- gold dust Molly pair
1- gold nugget pleco L-18
10- harlequin rasbora
6- otocinlus
1- Hi fin swordtail blood red
20- rummynose tetra
10- cardinal tetra
10- penguin tetra
10- serpae tetra
10- Von rio flame tetra
2- mosquito fish pairs
2- creamsicle lyretail Molly
2- platinum lyretail Molly
1- Striped Raphael cat
6- zebra nerite snail
100- RCS ( added as a colony of 20)

pretty sure that any rcs that the gouramis,rams,and kuhlis can catch they'll eat. and the raphael will eat anything it can fit in its mouth

oh and you want a 2 or three to 1 f-m ratio with livebearers

I know about the ratio but the tank will have plenty of places for the females to hide
I keep guppies and breed them. Plus the three pairs are the amount I'm buying, I have eight females( four gravid) and a male that I'll move into the tank. So that will be a ratio of 1:3 or so. The mollies will be all males

Could I also add 1 male betta? The plants and dw will be arranged so as separate sections but not divided
The plants will come up to the dw making a wall of plants sort of dividing it
It won't look man made though
I'll release different fish in each section where they would be most compatible but they could still swim thru the plants
That way there will also be low and high flow areas

General idea for the top view

image-1177856892.jpg

With this design could I add two bettas? Males both
Each would be released in a different ' section'
I found some great slate, dw, and tree bark tunnels that I could use to make caves
The dw has plenty of hiding places and no sharpe edges
There are little caves in it , tunnels, and some branches form nests
There's also an area where the branch joins the wood that forms a cave and a cave underneath

i would only do 1 betta. as it is,a lot is up to luck thanks to the DG's

True
But there would be many divider like sections of plants that break up the line of sight
And it is a big tank at least by my standards lol

I think I'll play it safe and go with one though
Does that addition- minus the RCS and pleco- make me stocked? All livebearer and Cory fry will be removed and sold

I think I'll play it safe and go with one though
Does that addition- minus the RCS and pleco- make me stocked? All livebearer and Cory fry will be removed and sold
i think youll be pretty good with that stocking,you could probably add a bit more-maybe a few little fish-but i would keep it as is. maybe a paradise fish instead of 1 of the DG's,not sure how it'd do with the betta though

Did you see the top aquascape veiw? There will be plenty if plants breaking the line of sight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom