What do I feed my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish Breath

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok Dumb questions but with all the different types of fish foods on the market what should I feed our fish I got some Wardley slow sinking tropical crumbles But what about a variety should I mix the food up or just feed the same thing day in and day out and is this the right food for a community tank (Neons ,Red eye tetras,Danios, a reg pleco) should i be using flakes and if so what kind (there are so many out there )
Also how many times a day should they be fed and how much
thanks

I use flake food as a staple for my fish - Omega One and OSI. A couple times a week I mix in some frozen food. Bloodworms, brine shrimp, glassworms, plankton, krill etc.
Algae wafers and bottom feder tablets can be fed to the plec along with blanched veggies like zuchinni or squash.

I believe that a varied diet is best for the fish's overall health.

Bryan

I do the same as Essayons89, with Omega One for flake as well as Hikari Micro pellets and am now trying out some New Life Spectrum - which I am very impressed with. Otherwise frozen several times a week, with algae tabs and fresh veggies for the plecos.

I've used TetraMin The Rich Mix for years with success, along with Wardley Algae Tabs, and frozen Blood Worms.

I feed my fish a variety of foods to get a balanced diet. If you look at the nutritional info on the back of the food container you’ll notice that they very in protein and fat content. Each food uses a slightly different base and contains different nutrients that fish need. I have two staple foods; Wardleys Total Tropical and Aquarian. I also feed them a Spirulina food because I have live breeders. Then I have some dried and specialty foods. I also give them some frozen food as a treat every other day. Variety is the spice of life and will also keep your fish happy and healthy. Oh and the plecos and catfish get algae disks and shrimp pellets.

Menagerie said:
The plecos and catfish will also be thrilled to find leftover bloodworms :wink:

Leftovers? What are those. As soon as any bloodworms hit the bottom of the tank my 4 corries are right on top of them. My 3 loaches swim around slurping up anything that floats near them. My green phantom pleco comes out of hiding and cleans up anything the other scavengers missed. In my tank frozen food doesn't last much more than a minute. That's of anything gets past the anglefish and mollies.

Back
Top Bottom