What do you do to keep jumpers in your tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoseHippi

Aquarium Advice Regular
I lost a yoyo and want to get a couple more to go with the one I have left in my 30 gallon.
I also want to get a couple dojo's for my goldfish tank. How do I fix the backs so they don't jump out? If they do that at my house they well be cat food.
Pictures of what you have done would be great.
I have glass lids on both of these tanks.

No clue just glass tops with Marineland on the handles. They came with the tanks.

75 gallon and a 29 gallon. I need to modify the lids I have so no more can jump.

egg creat that you find at home depot also works or any screen mesh type stuff. i had my first jumper in a couple years today. didnt see it in time. escaped out of a 1/2 hole in the back.

Sry for your loss. I lost a yoyo the other day...not fun. Mine dont jump a whole lot. cover most of the tank and wish for the best I think...

How can I do that with my glass hood? It is already on the lip.

Can you post a pic of your hood/top so we have a better idea of the hole you're trying to cover?

Ok here is the back of both tanks. One side of the 75 the other side is just like it but has a HOB filter in it but it needs to be covered too.
The 29 needs to be cleaned up back there and there is also a HOB filter on one side you cant see.

Attachments

• hole75.jpg
    hole75.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 54
  • hole29.jpg
    hole29.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 46
Seeing those pictures, I would cut the egg crate to fit around your equipment and place it on top of the glass. If you want something that will look cleaner though, the versa-top hinged glass top is a great option. It is hinged for ease of access when you are maintaining the tank, and the rear 2" is made of a soft plastic so you can shape it to fit around your equipment.

Aquarium Hoods & Canopies: All-Glass Versa-Tops

Wonder if you can buy just the wings somewhere. Well ok guess Ill have to work this out on my own. Thank you for helping out.

Back
Top Bottom