What do you do with nema-toads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clueless

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have nematoads in one of my old tanks.Just to make sure my plan doesn't backfire,what would I do to get rid of them????Just wanted to know.

I've used a scrubber or a magnet cleaner to get nematodes off my tank walls. Hagen makes the magnet cleaner I have.

*However*, nematodes usually indicate an excess of nutrients in the tank. Do you know about nitrogenous waste and the nitrogen cycle? Have you ever tested your water for ammonia/nitrites/nitrates? These are the indicators of just how polluted water is by fish waste (all aquarium water is to an extent). If your levels of ammonia and nitrite are above 0, your tank has not cycled or has experienced a change recently.

Hagen and Doc Wellfish (as well as others) make easy-to-use test kits to monitor these water parameters. Look on Bigalsonline.com under "test kits" to see the selection.

Also, do you have a gravel vacuum? These are useful for getting fish waste out of your gravel. This will keep a lot of waste from decaying and raising nitrogenous waste levels in your tank.

HTH :D

They are pretty much harmless, but are a sign of too much food. So get a gravel vacuum and do some water changes and don't feed too much. That is about it.

Back
Top Bottom