what do you do with your water change water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just currious, what do you do with the water from your water change? (that is if you dont have one that goes straight to the sink)? Im just currious cause their are a lot of things you could do with it! I usually just water the flower's/plants/trees with it, cause I usually have about 10gall's to dump... anyways just currious :roll:

Is it better for house plants than tap water? Mine usually goes down the sink, but if I can use it for better looking houseplants that would be great!

Since my tank is near the front door (and I'm doing PWCs with buckets), I toss the water off the front porch into the shrubs.

Tank water should be good for your plants as it likely has more nitrate than the tap water. The plants still need some plant fertilizer from time to time, though, as the tank water doesn't have the fertilizers in the proper proportions for land plants.

I have a Python so my water goes in the sink :-( But with my little tank at work I water the plants. When I do a water change on my 10 gallon saltwater it goes into a bucket and then I pour it on the weeds!

when i change my 55 and 20, (next to windows) they go right outside (actually the water from the 20 gal goes into a tomato garden, i dunno if thats gross or not)

when i had goldfish, i dumped water to the window in my room. and the grass there was always, and i mean steroid always, very green, thick, and tall

I am in an apartment and I have found that the best way to dispose of the change water (other than for making a killer bean soup) is to flush it down the toilet.

Well, up until right this very minute mine historically drained directly from the tank into the bath tub. Starting next PWC the water is for my plants!! How did I not think of that before... :lol:

I have typically just put it down the sink. Sometimes we will throw it outside in the lawn, but not anymore since its almost winter. Maybe I will try putting some of the water in our plants next time.

Back
Top Bottom