What do you feed your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tifta said:
I've seen the frozen blood worms. Do u just thaw and feed it too them? And save the rest or do u freeze them again?

I buy the cubes and thaw them out in a cup of water. I've also thrown the whole cube in the tank frozen. I take a small bit and give it to the bettas separately. I use one cube in my 29 gallon and it does seem like a lot, but its only once a week and it all gets eaten, plus its usually all I feed on the days I feed it.

I do shelled blanched peas occasionally as well. Maybe twice a month. For some reason my fish don't care for the peas.

And yes I skip a day feeding sometimes, and some days I feed twice a day. But I feed very small amounts at a time when I do that. But I have a ton of bottom feeders so it always gets eaten.

I thaw my frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp Etc, on a paper towel or plate then suck it up in a big turkey Baster and fish will come right up and eat it right off the end of the Baster! That way I can make sure all my fish get an equal share of it otherwise if I thaw and throw it in the tank only the biggest piggies get to it first and my other poor little fishies don't get but a little nibble!! :)

ashleynicole said:
I buy the cubes and thaw them out in a cup of water. I've also thrown the whole cube in the tank frozen. I take a small bit and give it to the bettas separately. I use one cube in my 29 gallon and it does seem like a lot, but its only once a week and it all gets eaten, plus its usually all I feed on the days I feed it.

I do shelled blanched peas occasionally as well. Maybe twice a month. For some reason my fish don't care for the peas.

And yes I skip a day feeding sometimes, and some days I feed twice a day. But I feed very small amounts at a time when I do that. But I have a ton of bottom feeders so it always gets eaten.

What are the peas for?

What are the peas for?

Veggies are good for fish! usually the fish love them. My old tanks with the same types of fish went crazy for them. This group.. they are odd. They pick at them but they don't fight over them like I am used to seeing. This group I've got now seems to really love the zuchinni.

Back
Top Bottom