What do you guys think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman1121

Aquarium Advice Regular
I started my 40g aquarium around last month and right now i have 3 tiger barbs, 2 pearl gouramis, 2 albino plecos, 4 zebra danios, 2 candy platys, and2 swordtails. I have an umbrella plant, anubias, ludwigia, and some new java moss. I also have all the necessities, heater, light, filter, etc. The fish seem to be doing fine right now and my water quality is perfect. So just let me know what u think. Any suggestions will be helpful!

ForumRunner_20130627_184558.jpg

I started my 40g aquarium around last month and right now i have 3 tiger barbs, 2 pearl gouramis, 2 albino plecos, 4 zebra danios, 2 candy platys, and2 swordtails. I have an umbrella plant, anubias, ludwigia, and some new java moss. I also have all the necessities, heater, light, filter, etc. The fish seem to be doing fine right now and my water quality is perfect. So just let me know what u think. Any suggestions will be helpful!

Looks pretty good, but get a background! A black one will make everything pop! And hide your cords!

I'd be wary of your barbs making a mess of your other non-pleco fish.

Your plecos, plates, and swordtails are schooling fish so they need to be in groups of at least 3, but your overstocked.

I checked in aqadvisor and my tank is only 95% stocked. And yeah i am looking into getting a background.

I'd be wary of your barbs making a mess of your other non-pleco fish.

Yeah, if I were you, I would get a few more tiger barbs so they fin nip less. But they would actually rather nip the plecs than other fish because the plecs are usually slower moving.

Looksgood, agree with pps, a black background ould look awesome. Love your pearls too, such beautiful fish!

View attachment 183038

You say your water quality is perfect. You mean the tank cycled in a month with that load of fish? Just curious for that to be possible unless you already had cycled media. That's 15 fish by my count. Heavy load to have not lost any of the fish in a months time. You're obviously doing something right.

You say your water quality is perfect. You mean the tank cycled in a month with that load of fish? Just curious for that to be possible unless you already had cycled media. That's 15 fish by my count. Heavy load to have not lost any of the fish in a months time. You're obviously doing something right.

To me that's above normal XD. Once I put water into a new tank from my tap water, everything is down to 0 already. And ph is around 7. The only thing I really have to add is de-chlorinator.
But I know your supposed to cycle the filter and get the bb growing first.

Yeah about it cycleing so fast, i bought a used tank and pretty much all the decorations, so it sped up the process and it was cycled in a week with some zebra danios.

I also did lose two fish to a bacterial fungus though but now i treated the tank and the rest look fine. The 3 buenos aires tetras, i bought yesterday. I forgot to add it to the first post but yeah 95 % stocking.!

I'd watch the Zebra Danios. Usually they prefer 6+ or they get a little fin nippy. But in that amount of room perhaps not. They also like hiding spots to go ADD over.

Yeah with that size I'm sure you're fine. I have two right now in my tank that I'm cycling and they're the most ADD things ever ( I had three but I think they killed him... )

i would get more plants and provide more hiding places for the fish. your tank looks sort of empty, or only half filled.

Yeah im trying to get more plants but ive already spent a lot of money on what i have now so I'll buy it later. Thanks for the advice though!

Back
Top Bottom