what do you guys think about this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sent an email to see if the smallest one can be used for aquarium use, lol. Says 10x10 area, but would like to know if smaller areas are ok to use it in. And the cost, lol.

i dunno lol i may just be skeptic but i dont believe it works that well, and even if it did i'd still be skeptical about using it with my fish for side effects it may have on them. But i guess i'm also a nervous ned when it comes to my fish though.

OH yeah sure, bet that thing works. Sorry but that pic doesn't prove anything. Ponds and lakes can change like that in a week alone. Around here the lakes will all get like that then it'll clear up for a few months. Also it could of been taken while in spring when the water's going through the " back up cycle" and all that wonderful stuff is being churned up and algae is blooming.

Maybe it actually does work but I can't seem to believe it much.

Well, I got a response from the email I sent. Here it is:

Dear Mr. Jeffrey Koski,

We received your inquiry asking about our LG Sonic SSS unit:

Can this device be used in a smaller area than the 10x10? How about Aquarium use? What is the cost of the device?

Yes, the device can be used in a smaller area. How big is your aquarium? The transponder measures about 5.25" in length and 2.3" in diameter. In a 50 gallon aquarium, it would probably be a bit much, but you definitely wouldn't have any algae!

The pricing of the different units is as follows:

Pricing for LG Sonic Units:

Cable Power Coverage

Range Length Max. Area Max.

Model Price Meters Meters Watts Acres

SSS $ 795 10 10 20 0.04

Pool $1095 50* 10 30 0.95

Tank $1195 30 10 30 0.34

XL $1995 100 17 45 3.8

XXL $2595 150 17 25 8.5

*assumes chlorinated pool.

Shipping, handling and insurance will be $30 to $32, depending on the unit ordered.

The unit will work in your saltwater tank and you will be pleased with the results. Allow about 120 hours for the ultrasound to kill the algae in your system.

Please follow the link below to our South Santee Aquaculture, Inc. site that discusses the installation instructions.

http://www.southsantee.com/algae_control_watergarden_fish_pond_SSS.html

Other information on this exciting advance in algae control technology can be found at www.southsantee.com and our new division's web site at www.algaecontrol.us . We are the US Distributors of LG Sonic products. We are currently establishing a US dealer network, but do not have one currently in your area, so please deal with directly. We will keep you in our mailing list and when we establish an dealer in your area, we will inform you.

You may contact us by any of the following means:

info@algaecontrol.us ........... for general questions

sales@algaecontrol.us .......... for questions regarding pricing

waterworks@algaecontrol.us ..... for industrial applications

admin@algaecontrol.us .......... for prospective dealers

AlgaeControl.us......843-209-1141 (Monday through Saturday 8a.m. - 8p.m. EST)

We accept payment by credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover) by phone. We also accept company and personal checks; however, units will not be shipped until check clears.

When you call, please help us save time by having specific questions prepared. Thank You!

Best Regards,

David Hutchinson
VP Sales/Marketing
843-209-1141
AlgaeControl.us
Division of South Santee Aquaculture, Inc.
USA
david@algaecontrol.us

Edit:
I asked a few more questions. Will let you know the response I get.

I haven't had any algae yet, in any of my tanks, and I have 5 running now. SO at the price of $800 I'll send you a gallon bucket of my miracle tap water, lol.

im going to go with mattaquabio, a sonic emitter that would kill a plant (algae) but not other plants?

who ever heard of ultrasonic noises to prevent growth of a plant?

or am i just and idiot and algae is more tiny animals than plant like?

if anybody becomes a big fish store owner you can rent it out :)... if it works..

LG is a pretty respectable company isnt it?

Anyone think I'm getting the run-around by not answering my questions? Read the quote I post here. The first part is my questions, then his answers.

Per your Email comments: Not sure if you got my 2nd email, so I'm posting here. Thanks for the quick response. The tank I had in mind is actually a 75G. I was also looking at my 29G, which I can't seen to get the algae under control, as I'm not injecting CO2 in the system yet and have ultra-high lighting. And the only reason I asked is if in the aquarium there would be any problems, as in reflections off the glass, etc, of the ultrasonic sound. Also, does it work with all algae, or just certain algaes? Thanks again for the response... Jeff

Jeff,

First, I would personally like to, sincerely apologize, for our delay in responding. AlgaeControl.us is a new division of our corporation and our communications systems are growing and developing quite rapidly to fulfil the water quality needs of the USA.
The SSS Unit will control your algae problem in your aquarium; however, we have an aquarium model on the drawing board(as well as other applicable models), but honestly I'm not sure of the time frame before they reach production. Our existing line of ultrasonic algae control products is in such great demand for the Federal, State, and City governments in the potable/waste water treatment facilities that we must direct our attention to it(many public health and $machinery$ issues to consider.(many viruses, bacteria and fungi can attach to algae in America's drinking water{not good} and the physical mass of the algae clogs the filters, then burns up the pumps in the [federally funded] water treatment facilities[higher taxes]. The USA is experiencing an "algae outbreak" this year, unlike any previously recorded. We have started a REVOLUTION transforming the methodology of the present treatment plans enforced. 80% of my normal business hours day is spent, on the phone, educating their engineers and designing a practical plan of action(budget :). So, the reason that I have taken the time to share this with you is; I am in my office at approximently 1:30a.m. and this is the first time today that I didn't have to deal with 50 things at once :) My younger brother is the CEO of this corporation and he started on his journey in Aquaculture at 3 years old, flushing about 1000 guppies down the toilet while our mother lied down, because she was sick. He had seen her flush dead ones but at 3 years old , didn't understand. The funny part was, I got a the spanking because I was 9 and was supposed to be watching him. I sware I don't remember being given that order. That's probably why I was playing out in the back yard. When I walked in the house and saw that trail of water from the aquarium to the toilet, I saw visions of Steve McQueen in "The Great Escape" :)
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to call me. David Hutchinson, 1-800-928-5811, mobile:843-209-1141

Not really answering your questions there....but I think he just is saying you should wait for the aquarium model to come out. Hope the aquarium model is safe. If it turns out the ultrasonic sound shatters tanks........ :lol:

No wonder he is so busy. He must have wasted 10 minutes typing you that email that doesn't answer any of your questions!

Back
Top Bottom