What Do You Guys Think Of My Female BN Pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanimal

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,
This is my BN Pleco and I've had it for a while and it has grown a lot but hasn't gotten bristles so I am assuming its a female what do you guys think? And is it normal to have those white parts on the tail?

image-2327705108.jpg

image-3575899322.jpg

Here are some more pictures! If you have a BN Pleco please leave a picture below :)

ForumRunner_20120927_181346.jpg

ForumRunner_20120927_181200.jpg

I am a pleco amateur, but I have a couple BN and they also have white tips on their tails. I think it is kind of typical. As for being male or female I would guess that the jury is still out. I can't really tell exactly how big it is from the pics, but it looks to me that it could still develop bristles. So in my (not very educated) opinion I'd say there's still a chance it could be a male.

I still think it could be too early to tell, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone that knows more about them could give you a better answer.

I have an albino that's about three inches n like 5 or 6 months old. He has small bristles that come straight out from around his mouth apparently they eventually curve upward he started getting them a while ago so I would also assume yours is a girl:)

I have an albino that's about three inches n like 5 or 6 months old. He has small bristles that come straight out from around his mouth apparently they eventually curve upward he started getting them a while ago so I would also assume yours is a girl:)

Females can have bristles as well, but they usually only get them around their mouth not on top. So I'd say there is a chance your ABN is a female Wiggles. Not saying it is, but I'd say it's possible.

Wiggles24 said:

Oh thanks! Mine has no Bristles at all so it has to be a female then. Maybe she will get a few bristles once she gets older. I think they look cool!

Back
Top Bottom