What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rwilson24

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everybody!

I used to be a member here, and love the advice, but needless to say, I forgot my username, its been a while.

I am in a dilemma, that isn't really a dilemma, but I could use some help!

I purchased a 75G aquarium in the summer, with an eheim (I think 2217 or 2219) filter. I was planning on using it as a tank for an Oscar, because I had wanted one for a long time, but, he jumped out of an area of the tank and my cat ate it :(

So, now I have a community tank that is in my 37G and an empty 75G.

Here is what I am not 100% sure to do.

I debated selling the 75G, but I don't think I can get back what I have put into it. So, I thought about selling my 37G and moving the fish in there into my 75G, and perhaps getting a few bigger show pieces (perhaps a pair of blood parrots). However, I do not know if this is what I want.

I also debated keeping both tanks, and turning the 75G into my original plan of an Oscar tank, or possibly getting a school of piranhas. Again, I am not 100% sold.

Another option was to turn my 75G into a community tank, and then I was debating getting goldfish for my 37G as I do enjoy goldfish.

I am not really sure what I want, so I was hoping some of you guys/gals would be able to help me out :)

I am open to any other suggestions!

Get a couple of nice fancies for the 75g. They are showpieces in themselves and theres no risk of them jumping. I know others will have opinions as well but this is just my take if your interested in goldies. :)

I agree if your interested in goldfish a 75g would be ideal for some fancies.

Thanks for the input so far everyone! Does anyone else have any cool ideas? I really am not sure lol.

Back
Top Bottom