What does this tell me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got my new test kit in, and did some tests. What does this tell me about my water in my 75G tank?

ph 7.6
gh 100ppm or 5.6 degrees
kh 80ppm or 4.5 degrees

Instructions say 61-100 is slightly hard.

So for adding CO2 once I get my system up and running, what should my target be? The water has been in the tank for 3 days with the driftwood.

Oh, and what's the easiest way to do the drops for the nitrate #3? I have the Hagan Master Test Kit. And the #3 is not a dropper. I tried getting 3 drops, but got 4 in the tube. So the results probably aren't too accurate. I did the test on water from my 55G, just to see the difference between it and the AP test kit.

yeah the solutions in the glass bottles can be a pain at first but you'll get used to it.

Can't use an eyedropper. The bottle looks like an inverted dropper, lol. And it's a glass bottle, probably because of the contents. Will just have to get used to it, or learn the trick, lol. Wish they would have an explanation in the instructions, lol.

Wolf I shake the #3 bottle tilt it to a 45 degree angle and that way I can control the drops out quite easily.

That's what I did, and got 4 drops, lol. Probably tilted it just a little too much. Will do it again tomorrow night after my PWC. Missed the pwc this weekend and nitrates are up to 60ppm. Shame On Me, LOL.

Your water is actually pretty soft. Also a perfect spot for Co2 IMO (not too low that it becomes unstable, but low enough..)

Also, your hardness is strictly KH, with very little other elements adding to it.

I have a KH of 4.5 and I have my PH set to hld between 6.5 and 6.7 (it will push it down to 6.5, let it back up to 6.7...) and I get pearling on my plants.. just sucks my camera can't get a good picture of the bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom