What else could or should I add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CalebZachary

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 25 gallon tank. Right now this is the stocking in it.

5 Orange Von Rio Tetras
5 Bloodfin Tetras

And I am going to get an Albino Bristlenose Pleco.

Any suggestions on what else to add?:thanks:

I would up the schools to 8 each. And then add maybe one centerpiece fish. I would suggest an angelfish?

You might be a little overstocked with that list but if you keep up your water changes you should be fine.

I'd also increase the numbers to 7 or 8 (depending on your preference for odd or even numbers) and add some Cory cats. I wouldn't go with a gourami or angel as you are likely to have trouble with fin nipping and the associated problems that come with it.

I agree with CactusPixie those particular tetras tend to be fin nippers and would give angels a lot of problems. If the tank is at least 4 months old after upping your tetra schools to at least 6 each you could do a pair of German Blue Rams.

I was going to do the Rams. They aren't too aggressive for the tetras? I one bristlenose pleco in last week and one clown. The BN will be moved to a bigger tank as he gets bigger. I'll add 1 more of each tetra as well. Why wait to add the Rams? Any reason? And I'll probably add 3 cory catfish as well now. The ones at Petco all had ICH so I didn't wanna get them obviously.

I was going to do the Rams. They aren't too aggressive for the tetras? I one bristlenose pleco in last week and one clown. The BN will be moved to a bigger tank as he gets bigger. I'll add 1 more of each tetra as well. Why wait to add the Rams? Any reason? And I'll probably add 3 cory catfish as well now. The ones at Petco all had ICH so I didn't wanna get them obviously.

You add the rams last so they don't claim the whole tank as their own territory and to reduce the risk of aggression toward tank mates.
When you say 'clown' are you referring to a clown loach? They get way too big for your tank and need to be kept in a school.

No angel in a 25, 30 minimum

I have a gourami, a male betta, and an angel in my 55 gallon with black skirt tetras and red eye tetras, I don't have nipping problems, but I might just be lucky
If your tank floor is at least 25 inches long, you can get kuhli loaches

If you get German blue rams you don't want to add them till the tank is 4-6 months mature which is why they are usually the last fish added. They are very sensitive to nitrates which should be kept below 20ppm. They are fine with most fish and pretty much show aggression when spawning. I keep rams with all different types of fish.

Back
Top Bottom