what else should i keep?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rebekahbirch

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey, i was wondering if i would be able to add anything else to my tank, and if so, what could i add? any suggestions?
(just so you know, i haven't got any of these fish yet, this is all theoretical for the moment).
so, i have:
29 gallon long fish tank, filtred, heated, light is quite bright however. (does that matter?)
i would like to keep:
7 neon tetras,
3 male guppies (should i make this 5?)
1 male brisltenose pleco.
could i add anything else? if so, what would you recommend?
could i keep khuli loahes???? if so, how many should i get?
:fish1::fish2::fish1:

I'd keep more guppies, I've never seen 3 guppies of any kind do too well in low numbers there highly social and get lonely, you shouldn't be overstocked as long as you keep up on maintenance , I'd keep 10 guppies, and 10 neons they tend to die when accumulating due to vicious breeding in the 80's and 90's which is sad because there beautiful fish and used to be hardy

You better make the guppies more than 5. And yes, you can add some other fish too and as rich311k said you can add a school of cories in your tank. They are so nice and beautiful.

pantherspawn said:
Maybe a pair of Bolivian rams, or peacocks.

Peacocks as in African peacocks?! If that's what you were suggesting then I wouldn't add them. They have way different water parameter needs as well as being more on the aggressive side for a peaceful community tank.

A pair of rams or some Apistos would be nice IMO.

Could also do keyholes.. if you have the room.. they don't get large, nut are larger than rams

Wouldn't Cichlids get territorial in such a small tank and don't they have vastly different water requirements than neon tetras and guppies? I'd add 3 more guppies to make it 6 total and if you want kuhli loaches you could get 6 of them as they like to be in groups.

Ches said:
Wouldn't Cichlids get territorial in such a small tank and don't they have vastly different water requirements than neon tetras and guppies? I'd add 3 more guppies to make it 6 total and if you want kuhli loaches you could get 6 of them as they like to be in groups.

The smaller SAC/SC come from the same area as the tetras. There are many dwarf cichlids that would be just fine in a community such as the rams or apsitos

Oh ok...but I hear Rams need really good water quality so I'd still be wary of keeping them in a overstocked tank.

Mogurako said:
I think GBR the ones that are more sensitive to water parameters.

Yeah the Germans, Electrics etc are way more sensitive .. Bolivians aren't what you would call hardy but are more so than blues

Back
Top Bottom