What exactly do guppy fry eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Platy or guppy fry. I have both in the tank and they are both going to breed soon.

I made a fry trap by myself to trap fry that are running free around the community tank, but I don't know what to use as bait!

It's basically a modified water bottle that was cut into a third and has holes everywhere look it up on YouTube if your interested

Anyway I don't know what to use as bait. My mom says lettuce would stain the water. Is there anything else I can use to draw the fry into my trap?!

Crushed anything. Egg yolk would work but spoils quickly. Feed crushed flakes and first bites

I feed my guppy fry a combination of Spectrum with garlic and Hikari Microbites crushed.

But as previously mentioned there is Hikari First Bites which is very fine and if you plan to keep having fry for while I would just buy the First Bites. I feed Hikari products, but if you use something else I would add a little bit of that crushed into the mix so they will develop a taste for it as they get to be older.

I feed my fry several times a day but very small amounts as to not pollute the water.

For trapping you might try a bottom feeder tablet (or piece of one) to entice them in. It stays in one piece, not too messy.

I crush up tropical fish flakes he seems to eat them down like he hasn't ate in a year! I hope that's ok

By the way this is the first baby I'm raising from scratch so he is very important to me so I want to ensure the best of care

What would you recommend would be the top choice of food

Fry eat anything the adults eat, just in smaller bites. :) Higher protein for fry is also beneficial.
Hikari First Bites are the top guppy fry food on the market. It's well worth it.

caykuu said:
Fry eat anything the adults eat, just in smaller bites. :) Higher protein for fry is also beneficial.
Hikari First Bites are the top guppy fry food on the market. It's well worth it.

Ok I'll get those

Back
Top Bottom