What fish>>

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megladonsharky

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a ~9 gallon tank.. I thas a triple filter with air pump... and a small powerhead with bio filter... live and fake plants , driftwood and some slate caves... In it are male betta , two dwarf cories( not easy to get here), one pitbull pleco, and some ramshorn snails and a few pond snails( these are female bettta snacks:) )... I am asking what other fish mid or top dwellers can i add the betta is lonely .. he had white clouds but with the heater they are doing better in a cold water tank....

I would like a mid or top dweller small unless it is a fish that is good not in a group ... Please no fish that need more than three ...none theatwill grow past about 2 inches...
I am not stuck to the inch rule but I dont want to way overstock...

h2o changes about 30 every 7-10 days..... Still learning the gravel vac
temp is 77 degrees

6 neon tetras? I know you said 3 but neons wouldn't add too much to the bioload and stay smallish........and look good.

Most small mid to top water fish I know are schoolers. You could try 1 fancy guppy male and 2 females?

It's best to keep bettas on their own. The tank is just about stocked already anyway so you shouldn't add any more fish.

RoK said:
It's best to keep bettas on their own. The tank is just about stocked already anyway so you shouldn't add any more fish.

I would have to agree with that. I have a male betta in a ten gallon tank and I have no intention on adding any more fish. I am sure the little ones you have in with him now keep him plenty occupied. If he seems healthy and happy now, I would leave it be.

Back
Top Bottom