what fish enjoys strong current and the top part of the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hrm, well, at any rate it did help me a little, i have been trying to find a fish to go in a 29 gallon with 6 cherry barbs and 6 corys...the only concern has been trying to find a fish that doesnt mind the flow of a powerhead and it would be nice to have fish up at the top of the tank, LOL...i might do a little research on danios now!

It seems like you've gotten some pretty good suggestions so far. I personally would recommend a school of diamond tetras. When they are healthy and grow up they really have an amazing look to them, they sparkle in the light.

The five I have in my 30g long are always schooling around the top of the tank and they all seem to enjoy riding the outflow of my filter to the bottom and swimming in it back to the top.

Just a note about the guppies, the 2 females and 1 male I have in my 30g always stay away from the outflow of the filter. When I ran a powerhead for a little they stayed on the opposite side of the tank. My neons and diamonds seemed to enjoy the extra current.

Just getting around to reading this thread! Was away in my hot tub time machine.

I have a school of 16 rasboras and they love to swim back and fourth against the current of my 55g.

Edit: lol didn't realize how old the thread was until I read the end of it.

I wad just browsing around and seen this and i got a good laugh@ you guys bringing it back and hot tub time machine! Just wanted to say thanks for the good laugh:)

So the answer for this tank ended up - leave the top level clear of fish. It has mid and bottom dwellers that are happy.

Sum22 said:
Glass catfish like the upper portion of the tank and they also seem to enjoy the current since mine hang out by the filter intake/ filter waterfall.

+1. This is what I was going to recommend!

Another alternative for those looking is the various shiner species. All of the ones I've kept have always spent most of their time schooled in the current (this also happens to be where I find them in the wild). I'd recommend a 20+ preferably long tank, fast filter or powerhead, and a school of 5+.

Back
Top Bottom