What fish for big tank? 7ft x 2ft x 3ft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tomk2u

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ordered a 7ft x 2ft wide x 3ft deep tank and I know I can have some large fish but not sure what anyone got any ideas?
Ive already got a 16 inch sailfin pleco going in.

Not unusual enough thinking along catfish and the oddball sort of thing

Look up glass knifefish. Plenty unusual and very cool.
And you might be able to keep an arrowana in that tank. I'm not sure tho

Discus. Very pretty and a school of them with a biotope created around them would look gorgeous IMO.

Or you could try some big cichlids like oscars or JDs or red devils. I think they're all pretty and could fit in the tank, not sure about their requirements though.

How about a school of 500 tetras of some sort...or make it into a badass bichir tank.

I've already got a discus tank and geophagus, tetra birchir and the silver dollar ideas are all abit "everyday"' stuff want something that you look at and just go speechless something different and unusual

if i could fit a tank that size somewhere in my house, i would do peacock bass :)

is that 3 ft tall? If so you could go with lima shovel nose, chinese upside down cat, a birchir/poly for the bottom. Then throw in some small fast moving ditchers, plants and wood. I think that would look cool.

Sounds good and yea 3ft deep top to bottom 7ft left to right 2ft front to back.
Anyone know how much tiger shovelnose get? And has anyone kept one?

all in reality you can prob get a couple of each, or add some bigger body cichlid like a severum. Tiger shovelnose gets to be 4' and need a big area to turn around, Thats why I suggested a lima shovel nose. they get about a foot I think.

Yea I thought about Lima sn but prefer tigers awell hopefully have a pond soon so can put one in there :)

I've already got a discus tank and geophagus, tetra birchir and the silver dollar ideas are all abit "everyday"' stuff want something that you look at and just go speechless something different and unusual

Yeah...I know what you're saying. Seems like everyone one I know these days has a huge tank with hundreds of schooling fish in it:rolleyes:

Exactly I want unusual unique different from the "normal"

Back
Top Bottom