What fish go well with a betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might put a shrimp with him but idk if it will be ok because he is in his 1 gallon tanks still

I know a member on here, MGamer2000, has nerite snails, and they are not expensive. I have ordered from him with great results. :)
Mystery snails are NOT good algae eaters, but they love algae wafers and are super cool to watch! Mine is golf ball sized and awesome, I love her! Contrary to what seems to be a popular belief, mystery snails don't create a lot of waste. I feed mine 1/2 a wafer a day and I hardly ever see any poo.
You can also look into malaysian trumpet snails, they eat everything under the sun, but the bigger they get, the less they come out of the substrate, and if you overfeed, they will reproduce quickly. One nice thing about the nerites is that they only breed in brackish water, well, they lay eggs, but they don't hatch. If you just have a betta in there, you don't have to worry about overfeeding though.
Do you have an algae problem already?

I have lots of mystery snails and I do see lots and lots of poop coming from them. It may be I have more time on my hands to sit in front of my tanks all day LOL but of all the snails, they are known to create the most waste and I don't recommend them for small tanks.

I have ordered from Mgamer as well, the site is bobstropicalplants.com. Awesome selection of nerites on there..best I've found.

I was thinking about when I QT'd a few mystery snails in a bare bottom tank....the amount of waste at the bottom was surprising..no fish I've ever QT'd could compare.

I was thinking about when I QT'd a few mystery snails in a bare bottom tank....the amount of waste at the bottom was surprising..no fish I've ever QT'd could compare.

Clearly you've never QT'd a common pleco. XD

Though, I wouldn't ever put one in a place with no gravel or driftwood.

No! My largest tank is a 29..but will be a 55 soon..then hopefully I'll get to QT a clown plec :) I was thinking more in comparison to something like a livebearer, that has a big bio-load for it's size. Not a turbo poop machine like a pleco lol

Yeah... we'll be enjoying one more week with our common pleco in our 29 before donating him to someone with a large tank. :sniffle: He's grown so much! He's probably about 5 inches now.

We're gonna get a clown pleco to replace him so we're really excited for that! And haha, yeah, whenever we gravel vac, like 9/10 of the crud is from the pleco. XD

If you're gonna talk about plecos please do it somewhere else..

Just to clarify, in the last post there she's talking about her mystery snail.

Yes, my malaysian trumpet snails must take care of my mystery snails poo, since I never see it.
The only tank I ever actually see poo in, is the assassin snail tank, those are some DIRTY snails!

It's fine rosewneweiss I'm just trying to stay on topic her lol

Speaking of snails- today I found the best pet store yet, and they had saltwater snails. One was bigger than a golf ball.

I'm jut saying... Now I will probably get some nerite snails. That have them there too.

Back
Top Bottom