What fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tseros7768

Aquarium Advice Regular
I found these little fish that with the internet i almost identified them as bass fry. how do i care for these and r they bass or not? they were in a canal drainage tube with many other ones like them

Attachments

• 100_1260.jpg
    100_1260.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_1259.jpg
    100_1259.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 107
That looks like a guppy to me. I don't know why it owuld be in a canal drainage tube.
I doesn't look like a bass fry to me at all. It doesn't have enough fins to be a bass fry and even when they are small, bass fry are still pretty bass-shaped. I have caught bass that were literally under 2 inches and they were perfect bass, just in miniature.
How big is the fish? I assume it came from AZ?
Oh, ninja'ed! Yeah, mosquito fish sounds totally right.

thanks guys that helps but also when trying to feed them they didnt eat it at all

thanks i tried pellets so ill do live food from now on, also do u know anything about breeding them

How long have they been in there? they will eat flake/pellet but might take a few days for them to get settled in. They breed just like guppies, keep them fed and clean water and there will be fry.

thanks jetajockey, if u look in the pictures there is a large one and a small one, do u know the gender of them by size? they have been in there for 7 hours now

Dont forget to run some anti bacterials and such if you plan on adding with other fish. They could be carrying something.

Back
Top Bottom