What fish is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those ones in the middle are green tiger barbs, do you know how many you have? they can get fairly aggressive without a sizable school.

You are aware that the green tiger barbs are not a naturally occuring color.

bettaowner said:
You are aware that the green tiger barbs are not a naturally occuring color.

I don't understand what you mean sorry please explain are they sick ?

I mean that they are selectivly bred to have a greenish color just as certain guppies are bred for certain colors.

bettaowner said:
I mean that they are selectivly bred to have a greenish color just as certain guppies are bred for certain colors.

Is that a good thing or bad

How many do you have?.. Most schooling fish prefer groups of odd numbers (3,5 etc..)

hal9089 said:
How many do you have?.. Most schooling fish prefer groups of odd numbers (3,5 etc..)

I really don't think that's true, groups of six are fine too. Plus three is too few for most schoolers

Schooling fish need at least 6 but the more the better. Odds or evens doesn't really matter. In nature schools can be a few to a few hundred, evens or odd. A pair of course need to be two, but many times there can be trio. I believe people just get it in their heads that their fish do better in evens or odds. Do what works best or looks best to you but the important thing is to use the minimum number of fish recommended.

Rivercats said:
Schooling fish need at least 6 but the more the better. Odds or evens doesn't really matter. In nature schools can be a few to a few hundred, evens or odd. A pair of course need to be two, but many times there can be trio. I believe people just get it in their heads that their fish do better in evens or odds. Do what works best or looks best to you but the important thing is to use the minimum number of fish recommended.

So what would be the minimum number

bettaowner said:

I don't see what's wrong with that. Nothing inhumane about it.

What could a 60 l have

that's about 15-16 gallons. Do you mean just in general what fish would work or do you mean how many tiger barbs? Personally I don't think a 15 is big enough for TBs they can become rather aggressive as they mature and you can really run into issues if you don't have enough space.

If you are looking for general ideas for a tank that size I suggest you make a thread on it, you will get more response that way.

Back
Top Bottom