What fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JeffreyBowers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys was watching a YouTube video and this fish swam across the screen. To a screen shot. Wondering if anyone knew what it was? I think it's a gorgeous fish. (The black stripe with pink and yellow)

Thanks
Jeffrey ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440919931.340473.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi - it's a roseline shark - they can get quite big but are super pretty.

These are my guys!

They need at least a 4' tank with 6' being better.
These guys are over 5 years old and in my 180g.
You have good fish taste!
Got a big tank?

99907-albums14345-picture69025.jpg

+1 please try to find tank raised if possible as Denison barbs are an endangered species in the wild.

The other fish are some species of rainbowfish.

Caleb

+1 please try to find tank raised if possible as Denison barbs are an endangered species in the wild.

Caleb
thanks to hormone injections(being sarcastic {a little}),
these beauties are bred by our friends at the Asian fish farms.
They will not elaborate or truly confirm but finding these gems at petsmart on sale for $5.99 instead of my LFS sale price of $20, I am sure that most are now captive bred and raised.
I actually met a gentleman at my LFS who said the roselines there were his!
He showed me pics of his discus(we all carry photo's right?) and I never even got to ask 1/2 the questions I should have!!!
If they were as popular as GBR I would be trying to breed these guys myself but IMO the breeding tank has to 4' or greater.
I would need to send some marine fish out to do this!!

Caleb

Yep +1

And a Madagascar rainbow to be exact!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Yep +1

And a Madagascar rainbow to be exact!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Those ain't madagascars.

Madagascars are more flattened on top and are bronze with a red tail. Not the typical rainbow shape, as these are not actually rainbows. They're in their own group of fish called the... Madagascar rainbows. I don't know what those rainbows in the pic are though.

As for the denison's barb they're awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom