what fish to buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whalerghost

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just started a 56 Gal about a week and a half ago. I have 4 white clouds, 4 zebra danios, a rainbow shark and a orange seam pleco. looking to add some color to my tank, any suggestions.I'm kinda up in the air about what direction to go with.do i go with smaller fish or the other way and maybe a cichlad or two? the zebras and white clouds were part of the start up process so if i do go cichlads ,ill give them to my nephew.Any thoughts?

Thanks

It depends on what you decide you like best. I always go for cichlids first. But, if you add to your current stock list, I would increase the number of danios, as they prefer to be in larger groups.
I believe that white clouds are cold water fish. Not sure how well they'll do in tropical temps long-term.
AS for color, most types of tetras will do fine with your danios, again in groups of 6+. Also, smaller barbs, possibly gourami . . . there are a lot of choices for a peaceful community tank.

Back
Top Bottom