What fish to get for 90 gal. tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haglagwr

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am new to freshwater, and am having a difficult time deciding what type of fish I want in my 90 gallon tank. I have researched that cichlids are aggressive and must be kept only with their own species. Would I be able to have cichlids from different families in the same tank? Or would it have to be only lab electric yellow, for example? Also it seems that cichlids grow to be fairly large, would this mean that I could only have five to ten in my tank? Furthermore, with a tank this size, would it be better to make it a community tank with peaceful fish of different varieties, or is it simply personal preference? Thank you for your input, I appreciate it!

I think cichlids are nice just don't wanna mix the different families Cus some are psycho and some are only mean, lol... If you want African cichlids I think most species want a PH around 8.2.... I think you would be surprised how much space 5 cichlids take up when grown.

Community tanks are also nice but if you go that route I like South American fish from the amazon... You could even do a Ray in a 90 but not sure if you could long term... And selected fish that they won't eat

I'd do some research on different species and find a must have, my favorite is discus for fresh water.. If you go community and not cichlids

Back
Top Bottom