What fish to get help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shelbidavis

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 46 gallon, two angels, one gourami and one, and one red tail shark. Can I put one more fish in, if so what fish will work with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could put a few more in there. There are some Chiclids would be a good choice with what you have. Could also do some semi aggressive tropical fish as well. Don't do any more sharks as they may fight.

I can have cichlids?!?! I thought if you had cichlids it had to be just all cichlids?! That would be so cool to get one of those

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could put a few more in there. There are some Chiclids would be a good choice with what you have. Could also do some semi aggressive tropical fish as well. Don't do any more sharks as they may fight.

What chiclids did you have in mind? What exactly would constitute a semi aggressive tropical fish?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some African cichlids I think would be ok depending on the size you get them. I've had them before with red tail shark and a gourami with no problems. They can be aggressive and territorial but seeing as though you have built a more aggressive tank (alternative being peaceful) you shouldn't have to many problems introducing one into your tank. Another good one to look at is the spotted African leaf fish. This one is semi aggressive but looks really cool. Now it can potentially eat smaller fish but with the angels and gourami and shark should be an ok add as long as he isn't a whole lot bigger than the others.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Op already has 2 cichlids.... Angels... No Africans with angels.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could probably put some dwarf Cichlid species in there and get away with it, such as Rams. My only concern would be the red tail shark being somewhat territorial towards them since they both stay near the bottom of the tank. I've had them before in the past and nothing went wrong. If you did a quick re-scape when you added them you should be fine as they will "re-establish" territory with the new layout.

Back
Top Bottom