What gravel/sand/substrate does everyone have in their tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sealife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Trying to decide on some gravel for my tank. What's everyone else got?
Would love to see some pics of everyone's gravel and sand. May help me decide on something.
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just have some natural colored "planted tank" substrate, I'm not sure what it's called.

Sent from my iPhone

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423654102.106869.jpg medium gravel for 10 gallon. (temp housing for eel he's been moved now)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423654147.844698.jpg small gravel for 45 gallon.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423654195.049382.jpg white sand for 75 gallon along with Flourite and Eco-Complete underneath the sand for my plants.

Eventually want to make all my tanks sand. I just have found a personally preferance in it and it won't cut my fish.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick is fixed!
~75g new community tank.

Filter sand I believe its from a company called red flint does not cake and is big enough to not lift into the filters. easy to clean.

Sand and Gravel Water Filtration Media - Red Flint

img_3158451_0_5f6197ca1db3c0e5b4f22ad3507e72ff.jpg

EcoComplete in my shrimp tank and planted tank. Black, regular grain. It has specs of other colors in it so it is not a true black color overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Are you planting this tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pool Filter Sand, safer for my gold dojo loaches that like to dig and semi-burrow in the sand.
Have to thoroughly rinse before putting in aquarium first, but you should do that with all substrate, haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1423669569938.jpg
    1423669569938.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 116
Black Tahitian moon sand with a tiny bit of blue Tahitian moon sand sprinkled on top looks amazing. After cleaning the sand a new layer of blue must be added though.

Pure white or black looks the nicest in my opinon...
But I want something around 4-6mm grain size.
May have no choice but to go standard natural gold look :/

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

regular sized black floramax in my planted tank and standard sized natural gravel in the QT. Both are planted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom