What happened to my danios tail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my leopard long fin danio had a tail yesterday, today he did not! Just a nub and tattered looking flesh. All my fish are peaceful, only one that could be considered aggressive at all would be pair of Kribs. Had them for a while and they never hurt any other fish, lyre tail guppies, endlers, nothing. So what gives?

If they're spawning than its no more Mr nice kribs..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It could be inner species related, developing a hierarchy. .

It could be inner species related, developing a hierarchy. .

+1 danios can be a bit nippy especially when it comes to long flowing fins, is he the only one with long fins?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 danios can be a bit nippy especially when it comes to long flowing fins, is he the only one with long fins?

No, they're all the same species

Have you noticed the others missing bits of fin here and there? If not there may be something wrong. Is the tail gone all the way to the base, does it show any discoloration or inflammation?

Have you noticed the others missing bits of fin here and there? If not there may be something wrong. Is the tail gone all the way to the base, does it show any discoloration or inflammation?

No other fish are showing signs if damage, I euthanized the fish but before I did so I noticed the tail was gone and the flesh that was at the base of the tail was transparent looking and tattered

Now I notice that my dwarf rainbow, which is much larger than the danios, has a weird white looking bald spot on top of its head, not an ich spot, way too big to be an ich spot. What is going on?

Need pictures. Danios won't rip off an entire tail unless it had an open wound and was near death. How big is the tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom