What happened to my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So anyone that's been following I had a huge tank crash yesterday when I went from fake plants to real. My water clouded my test were all messed up the whole kitten kaboodle . Just got home to do a pwc and my water is crystal clear. Going to run some test anyone might know what happened

What is "messed up"? Water parameters would help. How long has the tank been established? Were you performing regular gravel vacs? What color was the "cloud"--brown, green, white (they all mean different things)?

So anyone that's been following I had a huge tank crash yesterday when I my fake plants out for really. My water clouded my test were all messed up the whole kitten kaboodle . Just got home to do a pwc and my water is crystal clear. Going to run some test anyone might know what happened

I'm sorry but I dont understand any of those questions your asking. Fort us right about the color of the bloom whether it's bacteria(white) if green/brown(algae). If you could post water parameters and a answer to what color is the bloom? Then we can start to help.

Sry had another post that had everything but I'll put it on here

Tanks been up for alittle more than two months I decided to go from fake to live plants so I did a 30% pwc took out fake plants gravel vac'd planted live didn't change anything else just plants and my water after about 3 hours was white and cloudy so I ran some test and got
Ammonia.25
Nitrite.25
Nitrate 0
So we thought I some how killed all my bacteria came home to do a pwc and the water is crystal clear, clearer than ever so lost

Test again. Moving a bunch of stuff around in the substrate could have caused a bit of a mini cycle. White cloudiness is a sign of a bacterial bloom. If it is cleared up now, and the tests look good tonight, then nothing to worry about.

Sound like a bactiera bloom due a mini-cycle in which removing your substrate killed some of your beneficial bactiera. I would continue with pwc until the mini cycle is over which generally only last a few days.

The levels are the same but water looks amazing what should I do

50% any time they get over .25... I'm with them. I believe you stirred up some junk in the substrate when moving things around causing the ammonia to spike.

Did my pwc put in my new light things look good everything even my fake plants are pearling

Back
Top Bottom