What heater are submersible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brendan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently bought a Tronic heater and I was wondering if it was fully submersible, I mean I've seen in LFS's that they place the heater horizontally near the bottom of the tank. I also read that doing this is better for heating the tank.

35g
150W heater

AFAIK, all the Tronic heaters are submersible. It should say on the package or on the heater itself. If it doesn't say that it's submersible, I would have to operate on the assumption that it is not.

Agreed, and if you place it at a slight angel as opposed to horizontal you get better distribution.

I think my angels would get pretty cranky if you stuck a heater on top of em.

*ducks n runs* ;)

I didn't read anything on the pakage about the heater being fully submersible but on the heater itself there's a max water line indicating mark. Should I take that to mean that I can't put the heater all the way under water?

A max water line usually means you can't put the whole thing under water. However, I read somewhere that some submersible Ebo's also have a max water line, so I am not 100% sure.

In a discussion with Mark Hagen, he assured me that both Tronics and Hagen 'Thermals' are fully submersible....the water-mark is due to some strange requirement by the Canadian insurance underwriters.

Hehe. Well, I was gonna say I was confused by this too (bigals says Tronics are fully submersible, other places say no), but Toirtis seems to have us covered.

Back
Top Bottom