What/how to feed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swifty

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've come across some different articles and posts throughout the internet and seem to be a bit confused. When I got my fish they weren't eating. Now that they have begun to eat, I'm trying to decide exactly what to feed them, and how often.

Right now I have 2 cichlids that are 1.75" and 2", and some black skirts that are 1-1.5". I have a jar of NLS cichlid formula, and have fed about 14-18 of the pellets once a day for the last few days.

The articles I ran into mentioned feeding 2-3 times a day when fish are smaller, and also about frozen foods in the mix.

Is 2-3 feedings optimal for my size of fish until they are adults? Will it be too much load on the tank? Also, will adding in some frozen food like mysis shrimp once a week or so be too much? The NLS says to feed their pellets exclusively so I'm unsure of it.

I've come across some different articles and posts throughout the internet and seem to be a bit confused. When I got my fish they weren't eating. Now that they have begun to eat, I'm trying to decide exactly what to feed them, and how often.

Right now I have 2 cichlids that are 1.75" and 2", and some black skirts that are 1-1.5". I have a jar of NLS cichlid formula, and have fed about 14-18 of the pellets once a day for the last few days.

The articles I ran into mentioned feeding 2-3 times a day when fish are smaller, and also about frozen foods in the mix.

Is 2-3 feedings optimal for my size of fish until they are adults? Will it be too much load on the tank? Also, will adding in some frozen food like mysis shrimp once a week or so be too much? The NLS says to feed their pellets exclusively so I'm unsure of it.

Hello :)

Do you know what kind of Cichlids you are keeping? There is a wide range of Cichlids, all with different dietary needs. Some are herbivores, some omnivores & some carnivores. With that said, NLS is a great staple food. Repashy is also another good one. I like to vary my fish's diets. Hope I was able to help!

Yes, a female convict and a female firemouth, which I believe are both omnivores.

Back
Top Bottom