what ia a reasonable price???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlane

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking to upgrade from a 55gl to a 120gl i have found one for $950 at a local pet shop and it includes the stand glass cover and light strip plus the stand cover but no filter or extras is this a good price for this size tank???

IMO, Not even close. I bought a 125 gal which included stand full canopy and strip lights for $599. Keep shopping

8O I have to agree with Brian. I've seen NICE custom tank set-ups that were bigger for less than that.

That had better be one fancy piece of furniture...

dose any one know if there is a place in Arizona that would have prices like that or a web site that actually ships them out?

I can't think of anyone who ships tanks. It's hard to compare prices, because stand quality varies so widely. If you want a wrought iron stand and cheap hood, a LFS will sell that for under $200. If you step up to a cheap 2 door pine stand at another store, again with a hood, it's going for $287. But stands can really get fancy depending on wood and canopy and whatever. But for $950, I think I'd want real gold inlays in real cherry wood, a hand carved canopy and a canister filter thrown in. :p

Check your classifieds for used, because I have gotten what appear to be new tanks with new stands for cheap, from someone who was either given the setup and did not want it, or got frustrated on their first try and just want it out of there. You could pay a third of that price, or even less. Shipping is going to really cost you.

You could try ebay or Aquabid and look for a local seller and pick it up.

You all are right i found a 125gl with stand and filter and light for 500 in the classifieds its a new post good thing i looked...thanks every one :mrgreen:

besides finding that tank my nitites are dropping that is a relief they have not changed for almost a week now :D :lol: :mrgreen: :p :eek:

Back
Top Bottom