What is happening to my tank? A leak?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
check out my photos tell me whats happening i have bubble decoration on one end and a bubble wall on the other the calking dosent look the best but when the water level is down a couple inches it seems to stop??

Hard to tell from the pics, but maybe some sort of mineral deposit? How long has the tank been up? It's not leaking water right? I'd bet the water is splashing there and when it evaporates it leaves behind the dissolved solids in it. Is your water real hard or do you use supplements?

That would explain why it doesn't happen when the water level is down. Water isn't splashing out as much.

Looks like splashing from a airstone or bubble wand. If it was currently leaking it would not solidify like that.

I agree with the others - you're probably getting "micro-splashes" from your bubblers.

I had a similar issue with my old tank lid - you'd be surprised how much mist can be sprayed out from the top of your tank just from the constant popping of bubbles at the surface.

I'd end up with similar mineral deposits on my lid in a radiating pattern away from the hole where the airline tube went in.

it is off a little i built the stand perfectly level thinking it was my old stand only to find out the floor is not level not out much but enough to drive me nuts but this happens on both ends and water does pool in the bottom black rim if you push the black rim into the tank water will squeeze out i suppose it could be the bubbles because i have a lid that sits on the top insted of inside the rim know what i mean?

Back
Top Bottom