What is he trying to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking for food

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not at the moment. The only cave I have is a neon one from my sisters glow tetra tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422801951.997726.jpg think this can fit 4 and whatever else tries to get in it?

Sent from a pelipper

Might be trying to get under the sand

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's because they are trying to hide. It's very important to give them a cave...a coconut shell from petsmart is 5 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Poor thing. Needs to bury itself or hide.

They should be in groups of 6 or more. Soft, fine sand will let them sift for food and bury themselves as needed.

They do well in planted tanks with lots of hiding places.

That's because they are trying to hide. It's very important to give them a cave...a coconut shell from petsmart is 5 bucks

The nearest pets store is 10 miles but I'll be getting my cave back tomorrow and I can make a temp cave till then

Sent from a pelipper

Yes, make sure the holes are large enough in the cave or coconut shell, or whatever you get, so he can go in and out, especially if he's unable to burrow underneath because of the gravel. Kuhlis feel very vulnerable if they don't have hiding spots. I'd give him at least two.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422844653.106022.jpg that's as good as I can do till I can get to the pet shop. Should have my rock cave back tomorrow to replace the cup and I made sure the cup is safe I boiled it as best as I could without melting it and sanded all the edges

Sent from a pelipper

Good job! That'll certainly work until you can get to the pet shop. Slate would work, but be careful with it. It can collapse and trap fish! I have a slate cave. It's best to glue it with aquarium-safe glue so you know it's not going to collapse.

Back
Top Bottom