What is the best way to catch........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't use a net on account of the pleco's spines. Likewise, I would not grab him with your hands. One thing you can do is get a cup and just try and scoop with up with that, if you're quick and the pleco is slow. If that doesn't work you can put a slice of zucchini (or some other squash) in the cup, wait until he swims in, and then nab him with it. I know some people will suggest putting a string through the mouth of the cup so you can just jerk it up when he goes in to give him no time to escape.

I hope that helped. Good luck catching your pleco, they can be a pain regarding that.

ice cream bucket, someone on here posted about this cool trap, he took a plastic ice cream jug with a handle and lid, cut a small hole near the middle of the jug an placed a couple algea wafers in it, then turned out the lights and waited for the pleco to go in, oncew it was in there he just lifted the jug out pleco, water and all

Wooops iv always used a net, glad i sore this, he seems okay with it though so i never thought twice about it.

i use nets on my pleco, but then again, acording to this site im a "fish newbie"

hey what if they called us "fry" instead... no? okay.

nah. I mean i wouldnt use one as an aquarium, but it will definatly catch the fish and hold it plenty long enough to transport it somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom