What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I already have a bn and clown pleco. Yesterday I bought a zebra nerite snail because I read that they wont breed in freshwater. Is this true? If so I'll probably get another. And its a large rock, i'll try taking it out and scrubbing it today

HairlessPotter said:
I already have a bn and clown pleco. Yesterday I bought a zebra nerite snail because I read that they wont breed in freshwater. Is this true? If so I'll probably get another. And its a large rock, i'll try taking it out and scrubbing it today

Nerites might lay eggs in FW but they need SW to hatch. So they can't reproduce in your tank.

picture_117 said:
Nerites might lay eggs in FW but they need SW to hatch. So they can't reproduce in your tank.

Ok cool I'll get another then, just don't want them taking over my tank. Plus they look really cool. Thanks

You can also get a mystery snail. They come in yellow, blue, brown, with and without stripes. They need both a male and a female to reproduce, so getting one is safe for non-reproduction.

Dale_I said:
You can also get a mystery snail. They come in yellow, blue, brown, with and without stripes. They need both a male and a female to reproduce, so getting one is safe for non-reproduction.

Ok I'll check them out :) thanks

abrahamavelar said:
also whats ur stock list???

I have 5 tiger barbs, a black ghost knife, dwarf blue gourami, clown and bn pleco, zebra nerite snail.
I'm waiting to get a much larger tank

Back
Top Bottom