What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I there a filter or air stone under there? Looks like bubbles, caused by air usually I think, or possibly soap but that doesn't look like soap to me

I think I was looking at the wrong bit,, ignore my reply lol

A bubble best maybe?

ETa - Oh, I just saw your stock. Nevermind. I assumed by your name that you had a betta. I don't know what else makes bubble nests.

It looks like it is a good bit higher than the water level, so that doesn't make sense. And I don't know that what is stocked would make bubble nests.

KryptiCouple said:
It looks like it is a good bit higher than the water level, so that doesn't make sense. And I don't know that what is stocked would make bubble nests.

Wow...I didn't even notice the water level.

Did you add anything new to the tank? When was the last time the water was changed?

I was doing a water change and it gathered at the top, the tank is a flu al edge, It is normally full , I recently added a tiger barb :)

Really doubt it's excess protein unless a water change hadn't been done in years.

Only thing I've seen do that is some medications added to my tank.

Other than that got nothing.

Coco1019 said:
I've read (but take my reading with a grain of salt - I'm a total newbie) that adding too much or a certain kind of dechlorinator can cause foam bubbles. Also excess protein.

I think this is where I read some of it: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Freshwater-Aquarium-3216/soap-bubbles.htm

I agree with Coco, if you did a water change when you noticed this I would agree with too much dechlorinator. I more recently noticed that my tap water conditioner/dechlorinator does this to the water while I'm filling my buckets.

Back
Top Bottom