what is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stevieb2k11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have noticed this in my tank and not sure what excactly it is ny first thought was snails egg any ideas
Apologies for bad camera
ForumRunner_20130629_144631.jpg

Are you talking about those dark yellowish things? If so I've been keeping tanks since the 70's and have never seen anything like that. They are way too big for snail eggs. Have you introduced anything new before they started to grow? Any new plants or something from a local stream/pond/lake? Honestly not knowing what they are I would remove the decoration, carefully remove them, squirt the decoration with some Hydrogen Peroxide 3% and leave it sit out to completely dry before putting it back in the tank. Also don't rinse the Peroxide off.

Õ_Õ I have never seen anything like that in a freshwater tank before! It looks like a saltwater kinda thing. That's pretty weird. Have you introduced any new plants or fish at all recently?
Just to check: water parameters?
Stock list?
Size of tank?
Are fish eating it or bothered by it?

We need to get an idea of what you're dealing with. This is very strange.

I tried googling it. I couldn't find anything! I seriously tried searching EVERYTHING! I'm really interested in knowing. Did you take anything out of a local lake and put it in your tank? Could it possibly be some type of freshwater sponge?

Nope ive had a few small snails in the recently but i couldnt find out were it came from in the end i have recelnty added that ship but cleaned it like i always do and ive neva had a problem like that i havnt taken anything out of a pond just added a bit more gravel and that ship

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130919_160355.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130919_160355.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 70
Nope ive had a few small snails in the recently but i couldnt find out were it came from in the end i have recelnty added that ship but cleaned it like i always do and ive neva had a problem like that i havnt taken anything out of a pond just added a bit more gravel and that ship

Are you talking about the dark yellow rings? They look like a part of the ship decoration honestly. If you're talking about something else could you circle it so we know what you're referring to?

Back
Top Bottom