What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eel lover50

Aquarium Advice Regular
image-2859038696.jpg

I have had my 20 gallon tank running since February and something weird just popped up. I was told that it was a diatom bloom but want to confirm. I'm scared it might be ammonia, is it?

image-4246106861.jpg

My friend just lost about $70 of glofish due to ammonia, so I'm scared that its ammonia

I just have a test kit for ph.

I would really advise going to the store and getting yourself an API water testing kit.
It is really the only way to keep your fish safe and it will test for ammonia as well. If you're concerned about your fish, I would get that as it will also test for other toxic things like nitrites and nitrates.

Is there a LFS that will test your water for you?

You honestly need to invest in a good liquid test kit that includes ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Without knowing your parameters, it's a bit difficult to know if there's something amiss in your tank. Amazon sells the API fw master test kits for under $20 and many stores are having sales this week, too.

I would really advise going to the store and getting yourself an API water testing kit.
It is really the only way to keep your fish safe and it will test for ammonia as well. If you're concerned about your fish, I would get that as it will also test for other toxic things like nitrites and nitrates.

Is there a LFS that will test your water for you?

Yes the LFS by me tests my water and says it fine

Awesome, I think I might go tomorrow and bring a sample and ask for a water test kot

Back
Top Bottom