What is this???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeshyRee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a blue 3 spot gourami a pleco and 1m 1f I believe are praecox rainbows. A few days ago I added a rainbow shark a veil angel and an opaline gourami. Since adding these I've twice noticed these clear little balls just flood one side of my 55 and quickly get eaten. I'm thinking they might be eggs but haven't figured out who ideas?

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391695264254.jpg
    1391695264254.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 1391695281601.jpg
    1391695281601.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 98
Anyone?

I have a blue 3 spot gourami a pleco and 1m 1f I believe are praecox rainbows. A few days ago I added a rainbow shark a veil angel and an opaline gourami. Since adding these I've twice noticed these clear little balls just flood one side of my 55 and quickly get eaten. I'm thinking they might be eggs but haven't figured out who ideas?

They are snail eggs it looks like

There aren't any snails in the tank and they are not in a certain spot. I see them out of the corner of my eye and one of the fish I'm pretty sure is laying them I think?? they start at the top in a white ball shape then make a cloud in the aquarium and then my fish eat them

There aren't any snails in the tank and they are not in a certain spot. I see them out of the corner of my eye and one of the fish I'm pretty sure is laying them I think?? they start at the top in a white ball shape then make a cloud in the aquarium and then my fish eat them

Looks like eggs from your gourami

Very interesting- I've never seen anything like that before. Gouramis usually lay eggs in a bubble nest correct?
You should get some more praecox rainbows, they're amazing little fish. They're schooling fish so they like a group of atleast 6. It's good to get twice as many females as males, and the males will display their red fins to the females. I have a school of 8 and I love them!

Very interesting- I've never seen anything like that before. Gouramis usually lay eggs in a bubble nest correct?
You should get some more praecox rainbows, they're amazing little fish. They're schooling fish so they like a group of atleast 6. It's good to get twice as many females as males, and the males will display their red fins to the females. I have a school of 8 and I love them!

I'm not sure, I've seen quite a few gouramis release them everywhere before

I'm guessing the opaline gourami I just added is the opposite gender from my blue spot then neato!
I just started a new thread on this tank and it's progress guys check out out of love to hear your thoughts!

I'm guessing the opaline gourami I just added is the opposite gender from my blue spot then neato!
I just started a new thread on this tank and it's progress guys check out out of love to hear your thoughts!

I'm just saying what I've seen before. I'm pretty sure that's what it is and yes fish will gobble them up like its little steak pieces

Back
Top Bottom