What is this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bix22

Aquarium Advice Freak
In the middle looking to the right only has one black stripe on the side. It came with the zebra danios.

image-1659695091.jpg

Hard to tell as a bit blurry but probably either a siamese algae eater or a Chinese algae eater.

Can you describe it in a little detail? The picture is very hard to see. From what I can discern, it looks a little like a Least Killifish but again, it's very hard to see.

Can you describe it in a little detail? The picture is very hard to see. From what I can discern, it looks a little like a Least Killifish but again, it's very hard to see.

Looks a lot like the fish u described

Looks a lot like the fish u described

They are awesome little fish if so! They are US native. Males were at one time the smallest vertebrates in the world (until some tiny frog came along and stole the title). It looks like you have a female, judging by the size.

At first it liked to hide but now that I have 6 zebra danio and 6 glolight tetras it swims around and seems happier. I hope it will be ok as the only one of his kind in my aquarium.

Google blunt nose minnow and see if it resembles one of those images. The darkened stripe that runs along the lateral line + silvery coloration makes me think it is a species of minnow.

image-1590013029.jpg

Google blunt nose minnow and see if it resembles one of those images. The darkened stripe that runs along the lateral line + silvery coloration makes me think it is a species of minnow.

I am leaning more towards less killifish than minnow but I was thinking minnow too!

It looks like a rosy red minnow to me. They sometimes come in that color.

Here are a couple more pics

Attachments

• image-3499666603.jpg
    image-3499666603.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 64
  • image-1723630912.jpg
    image-1723630912.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom