What is this fish called?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agp

Aquarium Advice Freak
mushu-080.jpg

What is this fish called? And how easy/hard is it to keep one of these alive?

*Drools*

My all time favorite FW fish.

If I had the space I'd have a full basement tank with a bunch of them.

And now I wake up...

+1 lol. I would love to have some of these as well. I was thinking about turning my moms pool into a giant tank and getting some haha! She wouldn't like that lol

thats a silver arrowana, 300g is going WAY overboard, i would say around 150g would be fine, my uncle had one for almost 11years until his cat killed it =[

as for the difficulty, i would not know what to say since i have never kept one of my own, but when i did live with my uncle for 3 years i have to say he did quite a bit of maintenance, just keep a tight hood because they do like to jump, they do get to be around 4-5ft ^_^

Silver Aro. Get huge, jump, need huge tanks (300G+).[/URL]

I guess my 10G tank won't work... I'm getting a 150G for my next tank, and I'm getting a pair of these baddies for sure :D And I'll feed them little Tetras :p

I guess my 10G tank won't work... I'm getting a 150G for my next tank, and I'm getting a pair of these baddies for sure :D And I'll feed them little Tetras :p

Why not feed them baby zebra plecos.. :p

thats a silver arrowana, 300g is going WAY overboard, i would say around 150g would be fine, my uncle had one for almost 11years until his cat killed it =[

as for the difficulty, i would not know what to say since i have never kept one of my own, but when i did live with my uncle for 3 years i have to say he did quite a bit of maintenance, just keep a tight hood because they do like to jump, they do get to be around 4-5ft ^_^

Not at all. Dimensions of the fish dictate the enclosure, the water volume is just a byproduct.

Not at all. Dimensions of the fish dictate the enclosure, the water volume is just a byproduct.

+1... Most 300 gallon tanks have a footprint of 8'x2'. Even that is really not that much space for this species given its potential size. 150 won't cut it for long. ;)

be sure to check sources of your fish if you follow through on it. They are somewhat endangered in their native waters as wild fish are collected for the aquarium trade. Breeds of this fish type demand prices like the fancy koi in many communities.

Back
Top Bottom