what is this on my lid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most likely the snails, though I have never seen eggs that look like that. Look like those tetras that lay their eggs on leaves out of the water, and splash by flicking there tails haha.

Most likely the snails, though I have never seen eggs that look like that. Look like those tetras that lay their eggs on leaves out of the water, and splash by flicking there tails haha.

well, not exactly like that. rasbora and tetra are egg scatter-er. they don't deposit the eggs in one giant clump. most likely some snail eggs. what kind of snails do you have?

well, not exactly like that. rasbora and tetra are egg scatter-er. they don't deposit the eggs in one giant clump. most likely some snail eggs. what kind of snails do you have?

Ya? I thought I seen on tv it was sack-like. But maybe I'm remembering wrong. I don't have any personal experience with ANY fish breeding! I just remember being amazed by the little guys.

Yep mystery snails crawl out of the water and lay eggs where when the baby snails hatch they can fall right into the water. If you don't want more mystery snails you need to remove the eggs.

Yep mystery snails crawl out of the water and lay eggs where when the baby snails hatch they can fall right into the water. If you don't want more mystery snails you need to remove the eggs.

are mystery snails the giant purple ones? I've never bought any snails ever... they were always just freebies that came on plants

are mystery snails the giant purple ones? I've never bought any snails ever... they were always just freebies that came on plants

Yeah they are. I wouldn't consider this species of snail too terrible to have an abundance of, although they can get pretty big.

Back
Top Bottom