What is this spot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
elmont/valley stream, long Island, New York
Last night I noticed one white spot on my blood parrot fish... He is yellow and has one white spot... I'm 98percent sure it's no ich... It looks like a sore someone gets inside of their mouth.....I'm not sure if you can see it inthe pic... He was hiding....i think that it could be a scrath from swimming fast or something near that idea.....what do you guys think?

Attachments

• image-36473170.jpg
    image-36473170.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 76
Can't see any spot. If it's a wound, just keep an eye on it and keep the water clean. It should heal fast enough.

--Adeeb

+1. Can't see anything in the pic. Some aquarists don't use chemicals in their tanks but if it's an open wound, I've had Melafix work wonders in my tank.

If he has a sore or injury and your not prepared to properly qt him & possibily treat him, i would not risk purchasing a sick or injured fish. Just my opinion though.

Are you able to qt him? Introducing a possibily sick fish to your main tank may not be the wisest idea esp because you dont know what is wrong with him. If possible, can you get a better pic of the spot? Healthy water & some aq salt may be all he needs if its nothing serious.

He is alreay in The tank.. I didn't buy him recently..... I had him since I had the tank he.. He was not sick when I bought him.... Ima give him a few days.... I'll post a better pic tommorow.... Please comment when you see the pic ... Thanks....

Back
Top Bottom