What is your biggest tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is a 30.025 american gallon tank huge?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
At the moment we have a 46 and 75 gallon up and running -- (29, 10, 2 5's in storage) and I have my heart set on a 150/180 as my *someday* tank

My biggest tank is 30 gallons and my next one will be a 20 gallon tank. I consider 30 gallons small for many purposes and would like to get a 55 gallon tank if it were within my budget.

I am presently setting up a 150g... bigger is better alright, but I can only
say this: Gosh it's getting expensive!!!! Once you have rounded all the
equipment that is going to be required to run a tank like this, you can
expect 4 to 5 times the price of the tank itself. And, I still don't have
anything in that tank yet, as far as fish or plants are concerned....

I dont regret it because it's an old dream of mine, but I think it would
have been wiser to step up from a 20g tank to a 30 or 50g. :oops:

150 gal, PERFECT size for anyone. Your options are endless on stocking. But, Currently we have a 150, 29, 10, 10 QT, 5 hex, 10 dry, and 55 dry. That sounds like a LOT of tanks, doesn't it?

We started off with the 10 gal, then it got too small so we bought the 29, then we wanted to expand into african cichlids so we got the 55 gal (sold it), then the 5 gal for a Betta, then the 150 so we could buy more africans, then the 10 gal QT, we somewhere along the way picked up the other 10, and I got the 55 for my anniversary gift but we don't have the room for it.

30 gal just seems small. I guess it seems small to me beacuse we keep African's and they require a bigger tank than that. Plus we have a 150. That just makes everything else feel small. My 29 gal feels so itty bitty.

Interesting...I just purchased a 75 gal (delivered today). You may have done a better job just showing your mum the pictures of large tanks in the photo gallery.

?????? showing my mum photos??????? she dosent like anything!!!!! test results is all she cares about!! the tank is going to go in my tiny little room anyway! so she will never see them, i have a plan, i shall open my aquarium to the puplic, 50p an entry, that should do it!! lol

I got a 75 gallon last month, it is still in a fishless cycle and now I wish I had gotten a bigger one. :D

Back
Top Bottom