What is your routine for maintaining 100+ gallons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terrance

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have approximately 65 gallons, but want more. After reading the other post about "who has the most gallons", I would like to know how you guys with 100+ gallons do your weekly water changes and maintenance. I'm trying to build my own schedule because I would like to own 100+ gallons by the end of next year. Maybe I'm not understanding something.

If you guys say its easy after getting used to it, what exactly is expected of a 100+ gallon maintenance per week/month?

I set a schedule for myself..so I know atleast loosely which day(s) of the week I do my pwc's. I'm not sure if you mean what should you expect as far as time spent? That depends on how you have your gallons set up. For myself it is a lot of work. I don't have big tanks for the most part...I have lots of smaller ones which I think makes it worse. If you are doing just large tanks, you can use something like a python and knock a few of them out pretty quickly.

I do a weekly 30 to 50% PWC in my 100G tank ( fresh water ). I use a phyton and takes me no more than 45 minutes. Now if I vacuum with more detail the gravel, move ornaments or plants, clean my two canister filters, etc, the can take me up to 2 hours.
But it is one of my best times of the week!!
:)

Back
Top Bottom