What kind of fish do I have in this picture?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tcassidy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought these fish from a small local aquarium store and I can't remember what the name of these fish are?!? I tried getting a good picture but they're rather spastic and kept moving so.... Have a look and take a guess please. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411707664.911377.jpg it appears to have tipped yellow fins in the males which kind of look like horns from a distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No. None of the above so far haha , they told me the name it's something odd. Here's another pic. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411708211.897941.jpg

Seaecho you're right actually ... They gave it a different name at the store however

Pseudomugil furcatus

They are rainbows of the blue eyed family there are three this is the one I thought it most resembled
Steve2223

It's a type of rainbow

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/pseudomugil-furcatus/

Latin name: Pseudomugil furcatus

Lovely fish, but they should have a densely planted tank preferably with some floating plants otherwise they will jump if they are startled ! Make sure they have a tight cover and preferably block openings with screen or other covering.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has quite a few live plants in it and those should take off soon enough. The tank has a different design too it as well the top of it is all glass except for the opening in the very centre that is covered with a screen. :)

Back
Top Bottom